Next Workshop Sunday 6 Oct with Celia Roberts.
Dear friends and students of Port Douglas Yoga,
We are delighted to announce the date and details of Celia’s next workshop at our Yoga studio.
Due to feedback of the last couple of workshops , which have proven incredibly popular, we are restricting numbers to 20 for this event.
Please let me know as soon as you can if you’d like to reserve a spot in the morning or afternoon sessions, or both. You can reply to this email or call or text me on 0455 035 185.
As always, payment secures your place x
A day long retreat and workshop in Port Douglas with Celia Roberts BSc of the Biomedical Institute of Yoga and Meditation, BIYOME.
Yoga teachers and other health professionals attending will accrue 6CPD points and a certificate.
Yoga & Neuroscience - Morning session 1 (9.30am-12.30pm)
Healing the Embodied Brain
What we will cover:
* Pain is in the Brain - Mindfulness and Pain reduction (GABA, neuroscience)
* Stephen Porges Vagal Theory
* Healing in the Presence of a Safe other (understanding the science of co-regulation)
* Brain remapping, Neuroplasticity and cortical change
* Brain epigenetics
* Telomeres, Trauma and Mindfulness
* Mindfulness - based interventions for trauma, chronic pain, PTSD, depression and anxiety
* Compassion Focussed Therapy and Compassion Meditation
Yoga Therapy & Meditations for Pacifying the Mind - Afternoon Session 2 (1.30pm-4.30pm)
Healing the Mind
What we will cover:
* What is yoga and how do we reduce activity of mind (sutras Ch1 V 1-4)
* The link between breath and thoughts - noting the breath and thoughts…Can we steady the breath and thoughts? How can we use breath to pacify the mind?
* How do we reduce this activity of mind? (Patanjali gives us 6 sutras 1.34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 to pacify the mind (see below)
* How to interpret the first three sutras with a gentle asana, pranayama, meditation practice, using long exhales and holding the breath out to quiet the mind.
* Use of the forward bend, exhale pranayama's to pacify the mind.
* Exploring the last 3 pacification's of mind as described by Patanjali and practice a meditation for sutra 1.36 - A focus on the light in the heart. This will be a chest opening, inhale focussed practice.
Pacifying the Mind
To pacify the mind is a deeply self-compassionate act; for when our minds are calm our bodies follow.
$120 for the full day or $65 per session.
We sincerely hope you are able to take advantage of this wonderful day of in depth yoga teachings from a highly respected and quallified teacher.
Port Douglas Yoga